Monday 10 November 2014

Response to Alasdair Thomson


As an artist response to the stone carving artist Alasdair Thomson, I have drawn one of his works in Biro and white acrylic. When I saw this work at the On-Form exhibition at Asthall Manor, I was attracted to its personal meaning. The idea of preserving an exact replica of a garment is a poignant idea which holds much emotion. As a result, I have decided to draw my favourite garment from his 'Identity' collection in my own media to give it a new meaning.
These photographs show a progression of my work and show how I have gradually filled the gaps in with Biro. Looking closely the viewer can see where I have highlighted points with white acrylic to show the light hitting the fabric. The viewer can also see the strokes of my pen and it's direction. Although this drawing is not yet finished, I feel it is important to show progression in my work and I will upload a picture of the finished product. I also hope to draw my own garment once I have used plaster to preserve it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment