Monday 22 September 2014

Reflective surfaces- M.C. Escher



To start drawing from reflective surfaces, I have taken inspiration from the historical artist M.C. Escher. He worked in a range of mediums ranging from etching, pencil and ink to chalk and carving. 
I have created my own response to his work by drawing myself and the classroom in an old thearte light. This is my first piece of observational drawing which took place in one of my art lessons. I have drawn this picture in oil pastel and have used bright colours (including: red, green and yellow) to highlight the perspective of the room. The picture is distorted which can be seen in my drawing as it bends around the thearte light. My body appears large compared to the rest of the room; everything, including myself, appears to have been brought further forewards.
I have used Escher's idea of observational drawing and self-portraiture and I would like to develop this further into a self -portrait by using my drawing in the style of Escher as an inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment