Monday 22 September 2014

Self-Portriture


Following on from the Research page of M.C. Escher, I have drawn my own self-portrait using graphite pencil. To do this, I firstly chose my reflective surface which was a small hand held mirror. To add a meaning or purpose to the mirror, I painted on a daisy in watercolour.
When drawing my self-portrait I also wanted to give it a meaning which complemented the mirror and so I drew my portrait with the daisy positioned over my mouth. I wanted to capture the idea of only speaking positive in drawing; 'talking daisies' perhaps. 
This is another example of observational drawing in the style of M.C. Escher. I like Escher's attention to detail and the simplicity of his ideas yet the complication of his drawing. I have taken the idea of reflection and used it in the background of my A1 page by reflecting the title. 
To improve my drawing I would like to take my idea to a bigger scale and use another medium other than graphite pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment